The rainy season has returned, and you may discover water puddles, pooling, and other drainage issues in your yard. Drainage problems are often more pronounced after significant rainstorms. If you’re waking up after rainy nights to find soggy patches of lawn or deep puddles along walkways, your yard has water drainage problems that can be remedied with the help of an experienced excavation company like Excavation Oregon.
Common causes of water drainage problems:
Your property may have water drainage problems for many reasons. However, most property owners we work with have issues related to one of these factors.
- The property around the home isn’t properly leveled. If the land around your home is sloped towards the house, water will flow downhill toward the structure. In this case, you’re likely to have water pooling around your foundation, in flower beds, along walkways, and under the deck. These issues can be significant and cause damage to your home’s foundation if not adequately remedied. A professional excavation company can assess your yard’s slope, recommend ways to level the ground, and other mitigation solutions to redirect water drainage away from your home.
- The ground has a high concentration of clay. Clay is a dense, sticky material that can form a boundary between water and the earth. Water does not absorb into the clay. Instead, it will flow along its surface or pool on top of it. A professional excavation company will assess your ground and recommend strategies to mitigate any issues.
- The gutter system isn’t working correctly. Your gutters and downspouts should be directing water away from your home. Good downspouts connect to ditches, trenches, or other drainage systems to remove the water from the ground surrounding your home. An excavation company can implement many strategies to redirect water to a more appropriate location.
- The water table is high in areas of your yard. There can be sections of your property where the water table is much higher than others. This can happen because of other nearby water sources or the type of dirt or rock in that location. If you notice a section of land that is excessively soggy, an excavation company will be able to determine if it’s because of the water table and install drainage to get water flowing out of it.
- Recent construction compacted the dirt. If you completed excavation earlier in the year–from building a pool to expanding your driveway, the newly compacted land will change the water flow. Now that rains bring more water to the ground, you may experience water pooling in areas that weren’t problematic before. An excavation company will be able to evaluate the issues and implement solutions to eliminate them.
Excavation Oregon can help you solve all your water drainage problems.
When your land needs some work to make it function better, Excavation Oregon is the team to do it! Based in Southern Oregon, we know the landscape and how to optimize the use of your property. Our crews are experienced, using top-of-the-line equipment to do the job right the first time. With Excavation Oregon by your side, you’ll rest easy knowing your land will be managed correctly, so your dream home or commercial building will stand the test of time. Contact us today to learn more about all the services we offer.